Lavender water is an old old recipe that is simple and delightful. It is used for multiple purposes and always makes me feel pampered.
- Use a splash in your bath for a light lavender scent
- Use it in a spritz bottle when you are ironing to lightly scent your clothing
- Spray it on sheets and linens for a relaxing rest
- Spritz it on your face for a afternoon pick-me-up
- Keep a sprintz bottle in your purse to freshen your face and hands on a hot summer day
- dab some on your temples for headache relief
- lavender deters flies and mosquitos so a sprinz before you go outdoors will keep the pests away
- lavender is naturally anti-bacterial, use a small spritzer with you when you can’t get to a restroom to wash your hands.
The simple recipe:
One cup lavender buds
One cup of water, preferably distilled or previously boiled and cooled.
1/8 cup of vodka stir or shake well.
Add lavender buds, water & vodka in a mason jar. Leave in a sunny window for two weeks, shaking the jar each day to combine the ingredients.
Strain the lavender water into a pretty bottle or a spritz bottle with a fine mister. Use as desired 🙂