Making up a batch of lavender water…
Lavender water is an old old recipe that is simple and delightful. It is used for multiple purposes and always makes me feel pampered.
- Use a splash in your bath for a light lavender scent
- Use it in a spritz bottle when you are ironing to lightly scent your clothing
- Spray it on sheets and linens for a relaxing rest
- Spritz it on your face for a afternoon pick-me-up
- Keep a sprintz bottle in your purse to freshen your face and hands on a hot summer day
- dab some on your temples for headache relief
- lavender deters flies and mosquitos so a sprinz before you go outdoors will keep the pests away
- lavender is naturally anti-bacterial, use a small spritzer with you when you can’t get to a restroom to wash your hands.
The simple recipe:
One cup lavender buds
One cup of water, preferably distilled or previously boiled and cooled.
1/8 cup of vodka stir or shake well.
Add lavender buds, water & vodka in a mason jar. Leave in a sunny window for two weeks, shaking the jar each day to combine the ingredients.
Strain the lavender water into a pretty bottle or a spritz bottle with a fine mister. Use as desired 🙂
Our new Go-to-Market bags
We just got our shipment of Go-to-Market bags!
Long ago my dad officed above Staple & Spice – a health food store in Rapid City that has been around for as long as I can remember…I acquired a shopping bag from there 20+ years ago. It’s big, has a square bottom so it stands up and is made of canvas so it’s sturdy and washable. It’s been washed countless times and is still going strong.
When we decided to offer reusable market bags – I knew these would be perfect! I tracked down the company from the address on the label, and contacted “Save-A-Tree”. “Save-A-Tree” was established after the first “Earth Day” [April, 1971}, and has been in business ever since.
I like this company for a couple of reasons….they are small and family owned, old-school and like to do things by hand. The quality is exceptional and customer service was above and beyond. A company, much like our own, with dedication to quality… I told her the story of my bag and how long I’ve had it… and she agreed to sew me some!
We are now offering our “Go-to-Market” bags with our Irish Twins logo for $18 + tax.