These Madagascar bars came out of the molds yesterday and I decided to make them Big Block like the hemp bars. Madagascar is one of our best selling soaps – and I thought I’d double the fun by making them big and chunky. $12 They are also available in the 4 oz. bars for $5.95.
Here is why we like vanilla & ylang-ylang!
Vanilla: The health benefits of Vanilla Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti oxidant, aphrodisiac, anti carcinogenic, febrifuge, anti depressant, sedative, tranquilizing and relaxing.
Essential Oil of Vanilla found its uses in the world of medicines too.
- Anti Oxidant: Oxidizers or free-radicals cause oxidation of the living cells and tissues and burn them to death. The anti oxidant property of vanilla essential oil neutralizes these free radicals and protects the body from wears and tears, infections and even some forms of cancer.
- Aphrodisiac: Vanilla oil stimulates secretion of certain hormones like testosterone, estrogen etc. which help bring about arousal.
- Febrifuge: Fever reducer.
- Sedative: Vanilla essential oil soothesall types of inflammations and hyperactivity in all the systems functioning in our body, namely, the respiratory system, circulatory system, digestive system, nervous system and the excretory system.
- Tranquilizing: Vanilla Essential Oil helps you get a sound sleep too. This is due to the sedative and relaxing properties of this oil. It lowers blood pressure and has a sort of tranquilizing effect on the brain too.
- Relaxing: This oil has a relaxing and calming effect on the brain and the nerves and gives relief from anxiety, anger, restlessness etc.
Ylang-Ylang: Ylang-ylang oil has a euphoric and sedative effect on the nervous system and helps with anxiety, tension, shock, fear and panic. It’s also an aphrodisiac.
On the skin, ylang-ylang oil has a soothing effect and its balancing action sorts out over-dry as well as overly-oily skin by balancing the secretion of sebum, and has a stimulating effect on the scalp which promotes more luxurious hair growth.