Essential oils are oils derived plant seeds, leaves, stems, or bark. The oils are most commonly extracted by steam distillation, a process dating back to ancient Mesopotamia. Essential oils can be used by themselves or oftentimes blended.
We choose to use essential oils in our soaps because of their properties. Simply, they are good for you, they smell great and they each have properties that are beneficial to good health.
Here are 5 reasons why essential oils are good for you.
1. Essential oils have anti-bacterial properties, and many are anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-parasite.
2. Armoatherapy: essential oils have long been valued for their mood-enhancing properties. Our sense of smell is interrelated with the limbic system, an area of the brain concerned with emotion and memory. Essential oils can uplift the spirits, balance emotions, and lift depression.
3. Great for your skin… They balance sebum (the skin’s natural oil secretion) and help to tone the complexion in supporting capillary function.
4. Effective for skin disorders such as ezcema, inflammation, dry skin, acne, itching, psoriasis, rosacea, etc.
5. Esssential oils are derived from plants which are a sustainable resource.